My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Lunar Celebration Continues

My house hosted the Party of the Year every first day of Chinese New Year. I did a count and i had a total of 86 people at my place. If it's full attendance, it should be about 120 pax. The amount of cleaning and washing is quite a mountainful. Thankfully, my neighbour, Mr & Mrs Ong are away and the maid came over for dinner and helped us out.

My home is busting with activities and is super happening. Although everyone is related, not everyone knows everyone. This applies especially to the younger generation.




Always feed the kids first.

Chill out in the garden.



A household full of people.



Enjoying the fruits.



Fruit platter in style. I love it.



While it's good to meet up with relatives, it seems to me at some point that CNY is getting more and more boring. Anyway, i caught up with my 'çousin', Nelson aka Ah Tun (dad's cousin son) who's currently working in IBM Atlanta. He is back for his CNY holidays. He has been working there for 6 years and plans to return to Singapore for visit only once every two years.

It was also a nice time playing with Sean & Cindy and Edwin & Christina kids. These are the ones whom i meet once every year. Cindy and Edwin are siblings. They are my
grandma younger sister kids. I grew up with Cindy and i remember playing barbie dolls with her when we were young.

Sean and Cindy has 4 kids. Sarah is the eldest and she will be primary one next year. The other 3 siblings are triplates. I can never remember their names. Out of the three triplates, i can only remmeber one who's called Caleb. As to who is elder, that is quite a challenge to remember.

Caleb?, Esther, Eaton, Xuan, Sarah, Caleb?



First time for Lynn and me taking pictures with the kids. Sean told us that we have to bribe them so that they all seat down together.



Edwin and Christina has a total of 3 kids now. That's Eaton who's in K2 this year, followed by Esther and 4 months old Ariel. I think Esther loves taking photos. She really knows how to pose and smile.

Eaton and his sister, Esther. Both siblings love to pose.



As usual, kids quarrel and fight over anything and everything. This time, it's a stick which they found from the garden.



Also met my 2 months old 'baby cousin' Huan Bin for the first time. He is my far-distant relative - grandma's younger sister son's baby.



On friday which is the second day of New Year, went over to mom's side for lunch as usual. Didn't get the chance to meet one of my cousin, Yen whom i have not seen for a long time. Apparently, she was working that day and will be coming over only in the evening. My cousin, Shen also suggested that the cousins should go for a short holiday together. It sounds exciting because as long as i could remember, we have never gone on a holday together before.

The gals playing poker.



Cute Thaddeus @ 2 months old.



And i met my so-called God-Brother who dropped by for visitation with is wife and son. His siblings are on holiday this year. My so-called God-parents are no longer around. In the past, i used to ask mom why i needed God-parents and how did they come about choosing the couple. Well! I can't remember the exact reasons but anyway, i have never been close to them. They are like complete strangers to me.



Thereafter, it was off to Uncle Robert & Auntie Judy's place.

My second lo-hei.



The celebration continues on sat. Yesterday, mom's side came over for lunch and we had steamboat again. I had my third lo-hei and there will be another 6 - 7 more lo-hei to go for me when i get back to the office. This is also the first time that Baby Thaddeus comes over to my place.

My third lo-hei.

Daddy feeding his son.



The group went over to Uncle Chua & Auntie Gemma's place for visitation after lunch. Coco, their golden retriever is so huge and fierce.



Thereafter, headed to Mabel's place for gathering. Had a very nice time playing with Damien. After that, we went out for dinenr and it's the first time we brought damien out for with all the aunties. Thankfully, he's quite easy to handle and well-behave. A pity that Yvonne and Eve couldn't join us.

Damien is already 5 months.

Labels: