My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Missions

Had sub-district meeting @ FMC this evening and it was quite nice to see Pastor Jo. Tonite's theme is on missions and we prayed for the team in Rome/Italy & Vietnam. Ps Jo mentioned that today, we are all very familiar with who Ps Lawrence Kong, Ps Khong Kee, Darlene Zschech is. But to get to where they are today, they all started from ground zero. It's through alot of ups & downs, alot of tears & joys, alot of hardwork, alot of support, prayers etc to get to where they are today. If God can use them mightly, he can use us (if he wants) too.

Thus, i'll really understand what Pastor Jo and even Daniel & Rach (my dearest ex-CL & ex-shepherd) went through. Times when u are sick and there's no 'familiar faces' around, times when you are surrounded by all blacks and u're the minority. These are just minor things but when the journey is tough, when our human strength is weak ... u're really feel like just packing your bag & go home (back to Singapore). Fears, Dissappointment ... it's only natural to feel this way.

"Missions" used to be a taboo word for me. Sounds scary. Ever since the days when our church was still holding services at Kreta Ayer People's Theatre, i've always heard abt people talking about it. I've always thought, missions is for other people. For leaders & matured christians who are very spritual, holy, good at the word of god to be involved in it. It's not my cup of tea. So, i've always think that it's other people's job, not my job, not for me.

Afew years later, i had my first encounter with what missions is. Not really an official one but i'll like to think that it's a good start to be exposed to it. Afew of us from the cg went to Batu Pahat to teach, talk and share with the people from the cg there. Although we were there for just afew hours, i felt great to be able to bless and share with them. I thought the more difficult thing for me during that trip was actually the language. They were all mandarin speaking and what ... i had to converse & share in mandarin. Wow ... tough!

After that, came my dear ex-shepherd & CL, Rachel & Daniel who went to South Africa to serve on the missions field. And there was Susan who's also my ex-shepherd who was the pionner batch in S.A. Not forgetting Kee, also my ex-shepherd who went on a mission/ exposure trip with Philip and some other people to Bostwana. I use to come back and think, God .... are u telling me something? My ex-shepherds are all involved in missions. I can only say that if that is God's plan for me to be more involved in this area, i'll glady obey.

Now, misions is of course no longer a taboo word for me. It's not so scary after all. I can only say that when u see it as a joy to serve in God's kingdom and bringing many to Christ, it's definedly worth it. Then of course on the surface side of things, if i'm ever called to go and the place is Europe, States etc ... ha ha ... it'll be quite nice rite?? Harlow!! Get real man ... i'm not going there for holiday. Ha ha!

Oh lastly, heard that my dear CL couldn't find his car key/house keys just now. Jia Lat! Think they may need to go home to get the extra keys and come back to FMC again to pick the car up.