My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Granny Dearest

I've been reminded this week to spend time with 2 of my grandmas.

Went to pick grandma (dad's mom) up to join us for dinner since no one was home on sat nite. My uncle, auntie & cousins were all out. When we went to pick her, she said she was very bored at home. We could have come to pick her up earlier to join us for grocery shopping.

On the way back, mom mentioned that my the other grandma (mom's mom) hasn't been talking much at all for the past few days. My uncle was very worried and wondered if anyone in the family has upset her. So, he brought her out for dinner.

I know that mom's mom has been very worried about my youngest uncle who's having a very tough time at work and has just engaged a laywer for his case.

And the main complaint amongst the 2 grandma is that there is no-one to talk to them. The house seems so big and quiet most of the time when everyone is at work. They feel really lonely. I think my dad feels the same way too since he's retired.

Well, i just need to make more conscious effort to spend time with them. I''m not going to do nothing and regret when it's too late. With my chinese-english bible next to be now, i have just been reminded once more of what i need to do.