My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, April 09, 2007

On Bended Knees

This Easter will be a memorable one for me coz. well, i started the day "WRONG''. I tripped and fell while on the way to Nexus @ Orchard Plaza and ended up with two badly bruised and swollen knees (literally on bended knees). I guess i am either careless or anxious to attend service. Will probably take a couple of weeks before it recovers. Thankfully, i am glad that i changed my mind this morning and wore jeans instead. If not, the wound would definedly be worst.

I think many years back, i fell on the same part of my knees, off from the bicycle. That time was worst. It took many months to heal.

Anyway, service was pretty good today and i love the art illustration done up by some members. It's good to see talents put in good use.

EASTER

What does Easter mean to you?
Is it more than eggs of every hue?
Does the Easter bunny rule your day?
If so there is a better way.

On Good Friday our Savior died.
They hung him on a cross--they pierced his side.
Thorns provided him a cruel crown.
“It is finished” was his final sound.

He died our sinful souls to save,
A borrowed tomb was his grave.
But Good Friday doesn’t end the story,
On Easter morning he arose with glory.

Christ conquered death for you and me,
And made it possible for us to be sin free.
The fact that he arose from the grave
Shows us he has the power to save.

Let us rejoice every day
That Jesus is the life, the truth, and the way.
And that he died, was buried, and rose again,
To complete God’s great salvation plan.


Bob Hefner