My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Being Survivors

So May is not going to be a mother afterall. She had a miscarriage @ 7 weeks. I can never forget the tears in her eyes when i walked to her desk to ask her why she was in the office when she was suppose to be on MC. After some moments, she turned to me and said "It's Gone". Her expression was the total opposite of her usual bubbly, sanguine self. I was totally speechless, caught by surprise.

Different people go through various ordeals in their life. Some emerged as winners in their own right and became a stronger person. It's a journey of self discovery and of course, many heartbreaking moments too. Whilst others, it takes a long time, even a lifetime to get over it. The sense of guilt, betrayal, devastation and feeling that the world was crashing down. That's inevitable. Afterall, we are all humans.

Her miscarriage reminded me of a very dear friend who went through the same ordeal some 5 years ago. I can still remember the tears, the heartache, the cries. The whole scenario was so vivid. I think i still kept the email print-out from her sharing with me on the whole experience. In short, it was tramatic. During this time, she held on to God for strength and it was the Lord that pulled her out of the valley of darkness. Right now, she's a happy mother of 2 boys.

Last week was totally strange too. Things were not doing well for several friends. One of which is Baby Jadyn who is still in hospital. Went to visit her on friday and she feels just so uncomfortable and unwell. Doris looks extremly tired too. I can only pray and ask that God will heal her completly soon and keep the parents healthy. Hope that she will be well soon.

Will be praying for those friends in need. On the happier and more joyful side of things, i am grateful for God's providence in my life which he never fails. I had a good time of praying during last friday's CPM. Was reminded to move forward and not remain in the past. And also, a reminder of God's directions in my life. It's just so good to put time aside on a friday nite to come before the Lord and not be anywhere else.