My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Dream Diary

A friend asked me recently how my 'dreams' have been. For those that know me well, i've always had many dreams. I remember when i was young, i actually went to the extent where i would pray to God not to let me dream so that i can have a 'peaceful'' sleep. It's as if i would be exhuasted by all the activities that were taking place in my dreams.




Some of the more vivid and recurring dreams that i had :

1) Falling Teeth
Always dreamt that my teeth falls out one by one. That scares me alot. How does it impact me? Well, after taking my wisdom tooth out, i've had regular check-ups at NDC since.

I still have this dream on off over the past few years. For recurring dreams, whenever i dream of it again, i can even tell myself in the dream that wow ... it's the same one.

(Teeth falling out suddenly or all at once may symbolize fear of things that are beyond your control. Dreaming of teeth falling out may represent insecurity. These dreams often occur at a time of transition between one phase of life and another.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.)

2) Dog Bite
I am always trying to prevent the dog from biting me in dreams. I really wonder if i have been actually bitten by dogs when i was a child because i grew up being very afraid of them. Had a night-marish time especially when we had a german shepherd previously. The dog would chase after all of us and we would run all over the house to 'save' ourseleves. 'Tramautised child-hood perhaps but these are memories. On the contrary, i actually thought i heard the dog howled on several occassions after it has been put to sleep.

(To dream that you are being bitten, represents your vulnerability regarding your unresolved issues emotions. You may be pestered by a problem or obstacle. )

3) Airplane
In my dream, it's at night and it seems rather peaceful. I looked to the sky from home and before i know it, there are many airplanes in the sky and it seems that it's the 'beginning'of the end times. It makes it really scared.

(To see an airplane in your dream, indicates that you will overcome your obstacles and rise above to a new level of prominence and status. You may experience a higher consciousness, new-found freedom and greater awareness.)

4) Needles
I've had this dream occassionally over the past few years. There's needles all over me and it seems impossible to pluck all these out. I can be practical in my dreams too. I had this dream not too long ago. It was close to 10pm when it happened. I panicked because i know the clinic closes at 10pm. I called the clinic to take a number and was surprised that it was still open. I rushed down even though it was a company event at that time.

(A needle is also symbolic of some emotional or physical pain.)

5) Praying
There was several times when i see myself praying in dreams. It actually caught me by surprise that i was praying even in my dreams.

(To dream that you are praying, signifies a need to turn over some matter to a higher force and let it go. You need to learn to relinquish and let go of your worries. It may also be an indication that you need to pray more. )


RECENT DREAM

Tiger
I actually saw a tiger almost attacking me and roaming around the place. It seems that i was on holiday and ran for safety. From where i was, it overlooks the sea and i saw my grandma, cousins and auntie at the beach enjoying themselves. I tried desperately to call my cousin to tell them to run for safety. Before i knew it, the tiger was behind them and they didn't even realised it. By the time my cousin picked up his phone, the tiger has already disappeared.

(To see a tiger in your dream, represents power and your ability to exert it in various situations. The dream may also indicate that you to take more of a leadership role. To dream that you are attacked by a tiger, symbolizes repressed feelings or emotions that frighten you.)

DREAMS WHEN CLOSED ONES PASSED ON:

Dreams about deceased:
Sometimes i can't quite figure out if i am afraid of such dreams. I usually do dream of my closed ones when they pass on. I know in the last occassion, i was scared. I stayed up till 7am in the morning when the skies are bright before i sleep. At least the bright skies comforts me instead of darkness.

(This dream may be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on.
To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend alive in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.)



ACCURATE DREAMS:

Friends Who Are Pregnant
This is my infamous dream which most of my friends know. There was this period of time when i dreamt consecutively that certain people were pregnant. And they were shortly after my dreams. I didn't tell anyone who i dreamt of just in case they are not accurate and dissappoint them.

A Friend Who Was Supposed To Get Married
This happened many years back. I had a friend who went overseas to 'marry'' her long time Australian boyfriend. Just prior to the wedding, i dreamt that the groom was not a westerner but actually an Asian which was a real surprise. It turned out that she called off the wedding. And 2 - 3 years later, she married an Australian-Asian. Wow! Incredible!


THE DREAM THAT CHANGED MY LIFE:

The End Times
I had this dream during my last year of Uni in Melbourne. At that time, my close friend Karen was asking me to apply for PR status. It was a big thing for me and i was really seeking for directions. I prayed about it and one night, i dreamt abt the end times and i knew God wanted me to come back to Singapore to 'save' my family. I woke up crying really badly and the whole pillow was wet. The next thing, i called Karen up and told her that i was coming home. It was really amazing also bec. at that time, i was praying to God to put me in a Christian environment when i come back and he did, right away. I returned to Singapore on 23rd Dec and met all the hoppies on the 24th Dec during a christimas eve party. And well, the rest is history.


DIRECTIONAL DREAMS:

Dreams On Relationships and Life-Partner
There was this dream which i had where God gave me this verse. "Love the lord with all your heart and with all your mind and with all your soul. The same applies to the relationship with my life-partner.


(Disclaimer: Interpretations are based on the researches posted on various websites)