My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Demise Of My "Neighbour"

I am down with jet-lag. Couldn't sleep till 6am this morning and i was super stone when i went to the office this morning. Not too good since it's the first day back at work after the long break and i am feeling like a zombie.

Anyway, one of my colleagues came to me and asked if i attended my neighbour's wake. Well, i got home on tuesday nite only to realise that there were many cars parked around my neighbourhood. Mom told me that it was the wake of this young guy by the name of Stephen Loh who has unfotunatedly drowned last friday after their dragon boat overturned on the Tonle Sap River in Cambodia along with four other team-mates. They were trying to dock at the pontoon just after a race in the annual Cambodian water festival.

Their body has just been flown back to Singapore. Mom commented that the parents must have been devastated.

And yeap, the next thing my colleague told me is that he is actually the son of Cathay Loh, someone whom i know. Gee ... i am really caught by surprise and at a lost of words. I mean there i am thinking that it's just another tragedy that took place. And here it is, the tragedy suddenly drawn much closer to heart as i found out that he is the son of someone whom i know.

Asked how my colleague got to know it, she said she had suspected that he is Cathay's son. Stephen and Cathay shared the same family name, both stayed at the same place and she later saw Cathay on tv. She also reconfirmed with my another colleague.

My gosh ... ! May he rest in peace with the Lord Jesus Christ and may God grant Cathay and her family the strength and courage to cope with the tragedy.

Labels: