My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, December 20, 2007

感谢主

The year is coming to an end and there are many things which i am thankful to God for. One of the areas is work.

It has been a very frustrating and dry period for me this quarter. Things were becoming overbearing and i felt that it was up to my limits.

It's so true that God will not allow anything to come into our lives that we are not capable of withstanding. It applies to me in this case. He probably knows my struggles and my frustrations. It was making me stressed, unhappy and in a way, i felt really down.

Things took a turn on monday when all the staff were shown the new organisation chart and it was like a christmas gift to me. It was a big surprise, totally unexpected because i would be heading the department next year. And the cause of all my frustrations is being restructured out to head a new department.

But on the otherhand, i now have mixed sentiments about it. It's going to be an extra challenging year ahead as i will be heading the whole department. Xtra stress perhaps since my department is the main-revenue earner and i've got to show results and produce constant new ideals. Not that it's anything new. But the difference is that the responsibility lies in me now. And i've got to work on my weakness and turn it into my strength. In a way, it's really getting out of my comfort zone.

Oh Lord ... i know i can only do it with your strength, courage and guidance.

Labels: