My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Good Old Days

This is really COOL!

I found these photos at my grandma's place on the second day of CNY.So vintage and nostlagic. I've never seen pictures of my grandma (mom's mommy) when she was young. And yes, pictures of my mom and auntie too when they were really young.

Looking at grandma's photos, it reminds me of the movie, "In the Mood for Love" by Wong Kar-wai. It's about a Shanghainese community in Hong Kong and is notable for its use of a variety of cheongsam worn by female lead Maggie Cheung.





Mom told me that this is grandma and her best friend. Wow ...



And this is quite an eye opener too. I can't remember if i have ever seen photos of mom when she was this young. Mom is standing on the right.



This is so exciting and interesting!

Labels: