My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Friday, May 02, 2008

It's Party Time

Last friday was my company's dinner. This is the first time i am working with Chua Enlai as my host. I met him once in my office 2 weeks ago to discuss about the evening program with him.

I don't know much about him except that he is tall, talented and has been involved in numerous theatre and musicals. I last saw him perform at the V Conference in Movida. My impression of him ... not much. But he has a really deep voice.

The dinner went pretty well. For çorporate dinner, there's always games. Mr Tomioka is very sporting and we can all see that he had great fun. Mr Ishizaki-san, his colleague told us that Mr Tomioka must have not too much to drink.



The other "contestants" in the same game. The host got afew people up the stage. He read afew items and the guests, especially those from the same table are suppose to bring the items up to them. The contestants had to do a catwalk with all the items.



'The Jackpot Bingo Game'. The value of the jackpot increases a small amount for every game played. Instead of using the real jackpot, we use REAL people.



Elvis Presley - the King of Rock and Roll performs. The crowd loves it.





My friends from the airlines enjoying themselves.



And i love this the best. It is just so hillarious. In the game 'Deal or No Deal'. Emily was the first to go on stage to answer a question. After answering the question right, she can choose the prize which she wants from one of the paperbags (without knowing what is in it). And guess what ... she won herself an afro wig. She was dead surprised and knew instanly that she was in deep trouble.



She's got to wear the wig and turn on the boggie moves and get funky. She looks really cool! All i can say is that i'm glad i am not the one up there. Ha ha!



My friend Daniel was being pulled up to the stage again this year. None of us saboed him. The emcee pulled him up the stage. Thankfully, he got it easy this time and won a prize by answering a really simple question.



When it's your event and u work while everyone enjoys, the FUN usually begins after the event ends. The close friends and partners will usually stay around and we'll take phtos, photos and more photos. Always relieved that the event is over and RELAX is the word.





And of course, how can we not take pictures together with Çhua Enlai, my host for the evening.











Till then:

Addio!
Ciao!
Au Revoir!

Labels: