My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, April 05, 2008

"SEX-Y IN THE CITY" THE MENS SHOW

Last year, i was invited to attend the Opening Ceremony of Singapore Fashion Festival but unfortunatedly, i could not attend as it clashes with one of my events. I was really disappointed as i was looking forward to it. This year, i was invited once again to attend the Opening Dinner by my business partner, MasterCard who is the presenting sponsor for this year's fashion festival. How lucky i am! It clashes with my schedule again as i would be in Bangkok on that day. I can't believe that this is happening to me twice in a row.

So this afternoon, i made it up by attending my first SFF fashion show. Managed to get 4 VIP tickets to the much talked about all mens show - "SEX-Y IN THE CITY" featuring designer men's underwear from the likes of John Galliano, Emporio Armani, DKNY, 2(x)ist and more. And of course, one of the highlights for most is to see the super hottie Marcus Schenkenberg, one of the highest paid male supermodel in the world take to the catwalk. One of my colleagues wanted to watch this show due to the publicity. And so, we went.







It was good to meet some familiar faces @ the tent where the fashion show was held. Bumped into Zandal and Irene, my bank partners at the VIP lounge. Both happily left their male bosses in the office and came with their female colleagues to watch the show. Adrian, my cousin was at the show too.





Personally for me, i think the reality of attending such events, besides seeing the collection is well, basically to see and be seen. Pretty true. Some of us tried to look out for David Gan but nope, he wasn't there. Amongst the crowd were some local artist such as Hossan Leong, Chen Hanwei, Allan Wu, Patricia Mok, Piere Peng, Andrea DÇruz, Ix Shen & Erica Lee. And of course, the usual who's who in the fashion and media industry. Plus some others whom you definedly can't miss.



But i guess i was happy to see one of my favourite designer, Ashely Isham. But still, a pity i missed out on so many good shows. Well, like all things ... there's always next year. And well, some day, i hope to get an opportunity to organise a major international fashion show. That will be one of the highlights in my career. Over the years, i've learnt that some things are not so far-fetched as it seems. Who knows, if opportunity allows, i'll get the chance to make it a reality. That will be like a wish come true!

Labels: ,