My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, March 08, 2008

What A Week

Prayer Request this week:

Pray for Meng Xiong (my family member) who just underwent brain surgery and is in ICU right now. Frankly speaking, i am really worried for him. Pray that God will heal him soon. But one good thing that came about it is that the christians in my family are united in hearts and prayers for him.

And just last saturday, praise the lord .. my cousin who's attending Living Praise Church bought a table for dinner evangelistic service. My cousin invited me, grandma, mom & dad, auntie tina etc to attended the session. It's so cool! They are non christians and under normal circumstances, this wouldn't have happened. And it was during the dinner function where i saw the very sporting part of mom. My cousins were really surprised. Well .. actually they shouldn't be surprised coz. most of my family members are very sporting people. But i think mom & dad is more sporting than me for sure.

I'm still hanging on to God's promise! One day .. someday ... you know what i mean.

And this week, i thought i should be feeling stress-free now that my event is just over. But i was wrong, absolutely wrong. On the contary, i felt stress .. and more stress. I guess that's because responsibilites @ work has grown, i have a new team with me, heading the whole department, my own expectations, live up or exceed others expectations on me etc etc etc.

Somehow, i kind of envy my colleague. She just delivered her second child on tue and is currently at home on maternity leave. Seriously, i think if there's an option, i would willingly swop my roles with her. OK .. not that it's stress free taking care of the baby. But well, it's a different kind of JOY! Hang on .. my time will come soon.

And this week, i actually sat down with mom to watch Lydia Sum's memorial service on the internet. We have been following the news rather closely. For the first time, i saw tears rolling down from mom's eyes as different people gave the eulogy. Her death has reminded me of many lessons in life. She's a good role model. I know that if grandpa was alive, he would have alot of good things to say alot about her. After all, grandpa used to be in the entertainment line.

Labels: ,