My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Friends. Family. Prayers

This afternoon, i bump into Alicia, my uni friend whom i have not met for many years at the food court in expo. She came up to me just when i was about to leave and said : I think i know you ... You Are ...... And i quickly added .. Wendy from RMIT. We were both really excited and happy to see eachother again.

Every time i am on-site for exh, i am bound to meet up with various people. As i had people waiting for me, i quickly asked for Alicia's number and left. After settling my stuff, i quickly went back to the foodcourt to look for my 'long-lost' friend and caught up a little.

Just a couple of days back, i was just thinking about the different people whom i have met in my different phase of life. There are some who are casual friends who are the hi & bye kinds and there are others whom you form very close relationships with. But what happens when we go our separate ways? Do we become strangers or do we continue from where we left. But really, it take efforts from both end to keep the relationship going.

I would say that today is quite a day.

1)Eve gave birth to Baby Ashton this morning.

2)MingXiong (my 'small uncle') went for his 8 hour brain surgery this afternoon. I'm worried for him because it's a major surgery and at the same time, really caught by surprise by the news. I mean, he is such a young guy who has a whole life ahead of him, bright career and just started a family. He looks healthy and you mean this is happening to him. I can't believe it.

There is little that we can do now except that all chritians in our family will joint in prayer to pray for him. I just hope that all goes well. If not, i will have several regrets in my life. Regrets of not getting to know him better because we only meet once a year, regrets of not having the chance to talk to him during this CNY because he just drop by for a short while and i didn't even get the chance to say Happy New Year to him.

3) Auntie Gay's mom who went for her colonsectomy this morning. I hope that nothing serious happens.

4) A close business associate introduced me to his new staff today and jokingly told me that the person will be taking over him. I seriously thought it was a joke but later found out that he is indeed leaving. I felt a little sad because after all, i have known him for many years. It's like for everything, there is a beginning and a end. I hope he will enjoy what he will do in his new job.