My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, February 23, 2008

永远忘不了的沈殿霞

It has been an extremly busy time at work this week. Many late nights and by the time i reached home, i am dead tired. But somehow, i still find time to catch up with the news on the passing away of Lydia Sum.

I am no big fan of hers but i remember her as an extremly professional artiste and talented host on many TVB variety shows which i watched since young. What really touches me this week is what Joyce, her daughter said during the press conference on her mom's death. She finished her address by saying: "I will not let you down and I will be good. I will try my best to learn to be a responsible woman. I know my mother wanted this the most. Thank you."



Tears just simply rolled down from my eyes. Simple words but so heart-felt. It also reminded me of who i am right now. That in everything that i do, i should always do my best and not dissappoint the people in my life and around me.

While reading the news, i chanced upon Joyce's blog afew days back. It was the first time i heard this very touching song entitled "連心". I didn't realise that it was sang by Joyce and her mentor, 劉家昌 till yesterday. I am deeply moved by the lyrics because it also reminded me of mom who is always behind me, and God who is always with me through ups and downs in my life.

It is Lydia's favourite song and it will be presented during the memorial service on 2 March. The clip below shows Joyce & her teacher presenting the song when Lydia accepted her TVB Special Achievement Award last November. It was also the last time which she appeared on national tV.

Based on the many reports which i read, there are indeed many attributes and qualities which i can learn from her. Her professionalim and dedication to her passion, she stands by her friends through ups and downs, always there for people, her dedication and love for her love ones etc. It is no wonder why she is so highly respected and love by hong kong people and asians.

Goodbye Lydia. May you rest in peace.




連心 曲/詞:劉家昌


女:你站在我後面 支撐我更勇敢

我能超越大海 我能跨過高山

男:我站在你後面 我陪在你身邊

當你遇到任何困難 我會與你分擔

女:你給我的溫暖 讓我走出暗淡

這份真摯情感 深到海底遠過天邊

男:我就在你身邊 一切為你承擔

我們倆的心手相連 共渡年復一年

合:真愛永不改變 不能缺少一半

一步一個腳印 腳印疊在一起

一直走到永遠

Labels: