My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Phonecall

I was working in the office yesterday afternoon when i received a call from a friend. She called to inform me that someone dear to the both of us was going for an eye operation in 45 mins time. Apparently, the condition seems to have worsen after the first operation barely just one month ago. At the back of my mind, i knew the seriousness of the situation and that the worst scenario is blindness.

As i was talking on the phone, my eyes were focused on the time on my computer screen. Time didn't stand still. Minutes have passed. There is nothing much we could do except to pray and hope for the very best. Somehow, i hate this questioning & bagarning thing with God. Questions of why .. why .. and why.

With just 45 minutes to go before the operation, all we could do is to encourage him through bible verses. Yes, i know my friend needed just that. If the text message doesn't get to him, it'll reach his wife for sure.

Isiah 41:13

"For i am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; i will help you."


At about 8.30pm, a message came in to say that things went well and operation ended earlier than expected. Thanks for the prayers. Phew! What a Relieve!

Labels: