My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, April 06, 2009

Saying Goodbye Is The Hardest Thing

Goodbye Uncle Henry.

I guess i am probably still in shock after i heard that Uncle Henry passed away this afternoon. That probably explains why i am really tired and a little unwell but just can't go to bed.

It was just earler this week when i heard that Uncle Henry had a high fever and wasn't feeling very well. He went to see our long time family doctor and was asked to be admitted to the hospital right away. Well, some of us were still guessing that it's probably due to dengue or he couldn't take the cold weather in Taiwan. Mom has been calling his wife, Auntie Wah for updates fathfully every night after dinner. All mom could say was bad, bad, bad. I wonder how bad is bad until yesterday afternoon when i was driving mom to grandma's place, mom told me that it was bone cancer / leukemia. I was still telling mom that there is nothing much we can do but to pray for him.

Yes, that explains why i am in a big shock now. I think mom and dad are quite affected by it. I can understand why.