My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Me ... An Author?

My friend commented last week that reading my blog is like reading a story book. Hmm ... how true. Sometimes, i feel that way too. Nope ... i think i feel like being Carrie Bradshaw aka Sarah Jessica Pakar in Sex And The City. Penning her notes on the computer. But well, it's just moi.

Anyway, it has been strange, totally strange. It seems that God is telling me something about people whom i am close to or have strong relationships in the past. Friends, Ex-Colleagues, People whom i know and am close to through the course of work. People who have been so dear to me in the past but for these couple of years or past ten years, just somehow drifted apart. I still love them for who they are and treasure them alot. It's just that through the big grand nonsence excuse of being busy, somehow just lost touch or did not speak to eachother more.

It takes two hands to clap and also, the effort from both parties to stay in touch. Which right now, serves as a reminder for me to do so. How could i just let go? I would not have forgiven myself for that. I remember letting 2 good friends 'go'during primary school days and even rite now, i really wonder what's the matter with me at that time.

For the past week, it was like one after another. Either bump into people or received their sms or email. I look forward to catching up with them. I remember telling a friend in the beginning of the year that i had the opportunity to meet up with my childhood friend. In fact, she could be the first friend i ever had. It's a family friend whom i have totally lost in touch with. Memory of us being together goes back to our kindergarden and early primary school days. Heard that she was back to SIN from states for holidays. While it seems like a tremendous opp to meet up, i guess i didn't have enough courage. But luckily, i have her mom's mobile number. Will probably get her email from her mom soon.

Anyway, these are the people who have played a big part in my life. And i don't think i want to have any regrets abt letting them go or drift out of my life. Sometimes, all it takes is a little courage to make the first move, of saying hi! In a way, it's like having a second chance to rekindle old friendships.