My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Manila Trip

A couple of friends have asked me how my trip was. Well! It was a short trip but finally, i got to see how Manila is like. The last time i was in Philippines, it was in Jan when i went to Davao for meetings and exhibition(the southern part of Philippines).

Anyway, i think i have been quite lucky. I have been to almost 70% of the ASEAN countries with the exception of Brunei, Vietnam and Myanmar. I would have had the chance to visit Myanmar many times this year if not for Myanmar who gave up its ASEAN chairmanship, thus loosing a major project there. But really, one place which i would love to visit is Vietnam. I think i would like the place.

Manila - well, the traffic is crazy. When there's smooth traffic, it just takes 20 mins to reach your destination. But when u are stuck in a traffic jam,no kiddin ... it takes more than an hour. I enjoyed meeting up with my counterparts and we had a good time together over dinner and drinks. One of them whom i met previusly over a lunch meeting in Singapore some months back said she love Singapore and wouldn't mind asking for a transferral here. And since she said she love chicken rice, i told her that i'll bring her to Wee Nam Kee the next time when she is here. She'll like it.

Anyway, to beat the traffic jams, my colleague and me took the train to the Farmers Market near to the Cubao Station, which is about a 20mins train ride from Makati. Ha ha ... it seems that we were the only foreigners taking their local train and thus, we saw many pairs of eyes looking at us (esp. from the guys).

While we were at the market, we also met a filippino guy who overheard our conversation and asked us to follow him to some place. My gosh ... my immediate response ... i came out with some excuse and disappeared from him right away. Feeling a little unsafe, we left shortly after our purchase.

Travellers Tales!