My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, October 16, 2006

Plans & Directions

It was a long day yesterday but i enjoyed the singers & choir meeting on a sunday nite. I was expecting the usual 'speech-like corporate style' meeting where u seat and listen about the directions for next year. But nope .. nope ... i was greeted by an unexpected jazzy/ bossa nova music as i enter nexus with the lights dimmed.

The ambience was nice and comfortable after a long day (esp. so after a nice shower & dinner from home .. thus feeling pretty much refreshed). And we were treated with a variety of singing from the various 'choir-heads'. There was classical by HJ (which Tricia will be uploading his 'performance' on her blog soon). And there was jazz, pop, rock etc. Out of so many, i thought HJ & Nel sang pretty well. And yes, for a moment, i thought i was attending a concert.

But well, it was good to come together at nite praising & worshipping God. I would say that the meeting ended well with confirmation on my end with regards to my plans in ministry. I felt that God was walking me & leading me to the right direction where he wants me to be. I would say that i am priviledged to be able to serve along side with many fun-loving and talented friends. It's a ministry which i see alot of potential & ability in. But of course, to make this work, it calls for alot of hardwork and committment from everyone, all working and walking towards the same goal & direction. I am very confident to say that through the power of vocals, God will use each & everyone mightly to touch people's life (even at times when u don't even realise that).

As i was driving home, i was reminded of the verse Jeremiah 29:11 which holds very dear to my heart. "For i know the plans i have for u,declares the Lord. Plans to prosper u and not to harm u. Plans to give u hope and a future." It spoke abt plans. Hmm ... in the afternoon, i was just having a conversation with regards to plans for next year. Hmm ... how timely!