My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Friday, October 06, 2006

Mooncake Making Session

Instead of the usual cg, we came together to make snowskin mooncakes yesterday. The theme was 'Uniquely United' as stated by Alvin and it was suppose to be a competition between the guys & gals.

It was fairely competitive as each team brought their own 'secret receipe'. We came out with various variety which u probably wouldn't find at the shops. The unique ones made by the guys was lotus/green-bean paste wrapped with kit-kat. As for the gals, we had our rocher version.



It's the second time making mooncakes for me. The first was a couple of years back taught by a colleague. But somehow, i just don't like the snow-skin mooncake. I like the traditional baked ones with egg yolk. So hopefully the next time, i'll try making the baked ones.

Just today, celebrated boss birthday with a mooncake, instead of the usual birthday cake. How creative can we be? It's also my dad's birthday tomorrow (according to the chinese calendar). But nope, it's not going to be replaced with a mooncake. I'll probably get a swensen's cake ... hee hee ... coz. there's swensens just below my office. If darren (my cousin) comes over, we'll have a belated birthday celebration for him too since his birthday is on 3 Oct.