My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, September 18, 2006

history maker

I was awaken by a terrible pain on my back early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep after that. The same thing happened yesterday. Was it the posture, stress?? Hmm ... i don't know! Only knew that i wasn't feeling too well last nite.

Anyway, it was a leisure sunday. It kinda feels wierd that there's no regular sun service to attend coz. Sun has always been Church Day for me. So, spend some time with my family and we went to JB in the afternoon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Sat was Church 15th Anniversary Celebrations. It was great to be able to be involved in choir and at the same time, got to know more people. As in most events, the most memorable time is usually the preparation time while the most satisfying time is when you see the end result (that is .. the actual day). That's when u know that all the hard work pays off.

It has been fun with all the choir people from various congregations coming together week after week for practices. The laughters from all the warm-up sessions, learning of the actions etc. Hope we will have more opportunities to perform together.



We had our youngest attendant with us, Baby Zoe who is just 3 wks old. MJ was here too, together with Mab. I know it's really not too convenient for him coz. he's on wheelchair but nonetheless, he still came. Thanks! Understand that Ps Jeff, Ps Lawrence & Ps Ben went to talk to them (Mab & MJ) which was really great. Too bad i didn't get to talk to them after the event as i was backstage & they have left.

After that, our cg (minus CL & wife plus afew others) went to a Vietnamenese restaurant in Siglap for dinner. It was intersting when Jan & Cheryl pointed out to us that Zoe is sucking her fingers. Her fingers are sooo tiny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As the church celebrates it's 15 anniversary, i am glad and am proud to say that i am part of this great family. It's been a good 8.5 years of being in Hope. Time flies and before u know it, it'll hit the 10yr mark.

It was 24 Dec 1997 when i first met people from Hope. I had just returned from Melbourne on the 23 Dec and a friend had invited me to celebrate Christmas with them @ Cairnhill Hotel. It was the very first time when i met those fun, friendly & warm people from the former central unit like Hillary, Andy, Lisan, Rachel, Andrew Ong KH, Marsli, Loo, KC, Karen etc.

I thank God for his goodness & guidance all these years and for placing me in this wonderful family. I remember praying and asking God to place me in a Christian environment & church just before i came back. And he did ... from the very moment i stepped back on homeground (in Singapore). I am glad i accepted my friend invitation although i hesitated.

Thanks to the various pastors & leaders for helping & praying for me through the years. U were there when i needed prayers when i first started searching for a job, comfort & strength when my grandpa & friend was in hospital, through my many ups and downs in life.

Sometimes, i may not realise it but reality is that Hope/Church is a big part of me. And in a way, i am part of it too. I can only say that i am priviledged. Looking forward to many more good years @ Hope.

Love this really meaningful song which was composed by one the guys in church & sung on sat. Well! The lyrics says it all .. and sums up what i feel.

Greater
Music and Words by David Chua Seng Cheong.
Copyright © 2003 by David Chua Seng Cheong



You must be greater in me O Lord
Let all the rest fade away
Draw me nearer to you each day
I yearn to fix my eyes on you

I want to give you my everything
Just to walk with you by my side
My joy is complete in you
For you are my strength, my hope


MySpace Layouts