My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Life Is Short

I had a chat with my colleague, G.O yesterday and she asked if i could remember this particular ex-colleague of hers whom we met at the airport. Well, i could because G.O introduced me to him. And i thought he must be quite a fun-loving guy coz. he was smiling and laughing alot. We met him at the departure gate, just before we boarded the flight to Osaka.

And the funny thing was that we met him again upon arrival at Changi - at the arrival gate. He was holding a signage at that time and was giving instructions to transit passengers. Both my colleague and him were really surprised to see eachother again and both burst into laughter.

That was the first and last time i saw him. Thus, i was completly stunned when G.O told me that he died 2 days ago. How could it be? It was just 3 weeks ago and he seems ok. He died in his sleep and he was just in his 30s. G.O said that all these years, this guy seems always tired and could "sleep" even when he was tearing boarding pass. Wow ...

It just reminded me at that very moment how vulnerable life can be. One moment the person is just standing infront of you, and next .... he's gone. Reminds me to have proper and sufficient rest too. And not push myself beyond the limits too often.

Labels: