My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Saying Goodbye

I am caught by feelings of guilt, sadness and well, "好不捨得的心情. My good friend is leaving for Melbourne tonite and i'm not at the airport. I don't even know why i am not there. It's not me. So this is totally strange.
Didn't manage to talk to her since i came back. First, it was a missed call around mid-nite yesterday. Only managed to text her during this morning meeting and was busy shifting office for the rest of the day.

Tried to contact the airline tonite to check which flight she is on coz. there seems to be 2 SQ flights departing for Melbourne tonite. I wouldn't mind rushing down to the airport from practice. But well, the airline staff couldn't release the information. Well, i understand.

Knowing that my friend would be at the airport at that time, i tried to call her. But she didn't pick up the phone. So texted her instead. And how timely, my mobile died on me after the text message due to low batt. And i just know at that point is that Karen would return call and i would miss it. True enough, when i charged my mobile once i reached home, there was a missed call from her. And the most interesting thing is that we missed eachother by just 30sec.

Will miss my two little darlings, Kallista and Jolene. I guess it would be a couple of years later, or many years later till i see them again. I can only say that i felt a sense of regret.

Labels: