My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, June 28, 2007

To Rekindle Friendship

It was quite an eventful day on wednesday. As i was rushing out of the office to a friend's place, i bumped into a friend whom i have not kept in touch for several years. We were both surprised to see eachother.

It was a friend whom i knew since school days, someone who made me laugh, encouraged me, but well, also at the same time, made me pissed off and irritated with. It was also this close friend of mine that brought me to church, something which i am very thankful and grateful of.

Unfortunatedly, due to certain reasons, we grew apart 5 years back. Deep down in my heart, i have always felt very bad and apologetic over it. I know i owe this friend an explanation.But at that time, i had little choice.

I remembered during that time, i avoided his calls. I think it's me and i hate this bad habit and character of mine. I tend to run away from things, afraid to face the situation and reality. But i am glad i have improved greatly in this area. I have learnt to come face to face with reality and learnt how to handle it. It's not easy .... u need to have the strength and courage. I guess it's just me. I'm not the confrontational type of person.

1.5 years back, i remember one of my galfriends said he asked about me and another dear friend. But at that time, it was a very tough period. I was helping my dear friend go through a very bad batch of her life. This friend got to know about it and told my galfriend that he will not 'contact or disturb' us. But i know he cares for us and were praying for us.

I was telling some friends this evening that i believe God has certain reasons for allowing me to bump into this friend again. I guess this is THE time. Perhaps if
it was 2 or 3 years back, i am not sure if i am ready to face him. But now, very strangely ... i don't feel the burden, stress, fear and heavy load in my heart anymore.

Lately, i have been feeling that God wants me to catch up , maintain and rekindle friendship & relationship with some old friends. And i know who they are. Whatelse can i say but hey, i look forward to catching up with some old friends, and continue with the journey from where we had stopped/paused. Perhaps, the journey/relationship with them have never once stopped. It's for me to find out!

Labels: