My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ah Liang's Wedding

Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness".

耶 利 米 书 31:3 "我 以 永 远 的 爱 爱 你 , 因 此 我 以 慈 爱 吸 引 你 "







Yesterday was my cousin Patrick aka Ah Liang's wedding. Like some of my family members say, it's family gathering again. Nothing unusual as we meet very often. It was a chinese church wedding held at Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church where my cousin & cousin-in-law, Huishan worships.

Both are serving in choir and Pastor Fong shared to us how they got together. Pastor shared that in the earlier days, both huishan and Ah liang would often meet at the coffeeshop near the church for kopi. But on many occassions, my cousin had to rush through his 'kopi session' as he need to leave early for choir practices. Thus, he always doesn''t have sufficient time to get to know her better.

So when the Pastor knew later that my cousin was interested in huishan, he created opportunities for them to spend more time together by inviting her to join choir. In a way, they could also serve together in ministry as well. Not a problem for Huishan as she is a chinese teacher, she loves to sing and her mandarin is really powerful (chinese choir). And well, like what most would say ... the rest is history.

To come to think of it, i think singing runs in my family. My dad, cousins,cousin-in-law, aunties and grand-auntie are all serving in choir. Some in churches while others in school alumni. My dad and aunties are definedly more 'pro' than me. They have been trained under professional instructors for many years and have performed overseas, Esplanade & Victoria Concert Hall be it in group or solo basis. Candice has also held her own recital and some of her friends from her batch has made it big in Singapore. No kiddin. Me ..... does performing in Singapore Expo counts? Ha ha!

Johnathon, my nephew (cousin's son) ...the mischevious ringbearer looking extremly handsome in his outfit.



The bride & groom with choir singing 2 chinese christian songs for their guests. One unqiue thing is that for P & W, they even had a hokkien christian song. It's actually quite nice. But none of them are actually hokkien. One is teochew and the ither hakka.



And my cousin was really nervous .. very unlike him. He couldn't find his thank u speech. The bride even had to help him search for it infront of everyone. Ha ha!



Family picture ... but this is not the full strength. Some did not attend the solemnisation.



Huishan and her students from ACS. I think her classes must be really fun coz. she's a very jovial person. Her students must have loved her alot.



Church Wedding. Decorations all done by the cousins gang (minus me) who was at choir practice.





David, BJ, Mom & Esther. The world is really small. David & BJ is my mom's bosses. Esther who is my cousin is David & BJ good friend and church mates since young. And David happens to be under my small uncle, ricky's platoon when he is called to go back for reservist.



Lynn & Me



Tea Ceremony in church after the reception. Well, we are all surprised that grandma came well-prepared. Besides the angbao, there's jewellery as well. I wonder who brought her to buy.



Posing for the camera before second march-in.



Family picture ... but will wait for the one which Darren took. That is more complete ... all was present except Raymond & family who's posted to Taiwan, Benjamin who's studying in Australia, Sean and Cindy plus MengXiong side.



Weijun, Lynn & Me. (The 3 Miss Tan).



We also threw a surprise birthday celebration for my auntie after the wedding dinner. Her surprise birthday was organsied by her 3 sons.



My auntie with my 3 cousins.



Anyway, i'm proud of my family and i love each and everyone of them. My greatest wish is that all of them will come to know the Lord someday.

Labels: