My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lantern Extravaganza @ Chinese Garden

I was invited to the opening ceremony of the mid-autumn festival at Chinese Garden last wednesday. It was my so-called first time in Chinese Garden although mom told me that she brought me there before when i was young. But i don't have any memory of it.



The kids performing indian dance.



The main attraction is a 100 metre-long lantern display called Ocean Party.There are also more than 5,000 lanterns that form 23 pretty marine displays. The lanterns are made by professional lantern makers from China's Sichuan province. who spend a long time to manually construct each of the 5000 lanterns.

These are some of the lanterns which i like.





Happy Feet?



Under The Sea ... Sea Horse!



and fishes.



The octopus is cute!



Something from the garden



Dino from Jurrasic Park?





The event was officiated by Dr Muhammad Faishal, Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC who also happens to be my MP.



If you are keen to visit, the Mid-Autumn Festival @ Chinese Garden starts from 5 – 30 September 2007, 9am to 12 am.

Labels: