My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

亲爱的婆婆 ..生日快乐!

It was bonding time with the family last weekend. On saturday, i celebrated grandma's birthday with the extended family (dad's side).

Grandma was extremly happy because as usual, she had a big turnout for her dinner party. There were 50 of us. The numbers would definedly be more if it's held at home. Even my 'small uncle' Edwin who's a pilot just landed in Singapore and made it for her dinner. That made her day.

Btw, my family is a really fun bunch of people. They really know how to make Grandma happy too. Just in case u don't understand ... ha ha ... they sang Happy Birthday in 3 languages - Hainanese, English & Mandarin to her. My grandma is 80yrs this year but in the morning, we agreed that we will just tell everyone that she is just 18yrs. Ha ha!



My cousin, Darren carrying my mischevious nephew (the youngest in the family).



This is a very unique and yummy japanese cake which Victor ordered. It's from a restaurant @ liang court. Have not seen a birthday cake which comes in an aluminium foil before.



And on sunday, it was gathering at my mom's side. Think it was my grandpa's death anniversary or something.

Labels: