My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fireworks Celebration

For those who couldn't make it to Marina Bay to see fireworks over the weekends, well .. here's the video shot of it. Well, i was doing 3 things at a time, so pardon me for the quality. Was holding my small camera doing the video-recording on my left hand, right hand holding the nikon camera to take pictures and thirdly, trying to enjoy the fireworks in front of me and not through the lens.

Enjoy! The video clips were taken from the Marina Bay seating gallery. I have to thank my business associate who gave me the tickets. If not, i guess i'll have to squeeze with the tens of thousands of people around the area.



The Singapore Fireworks Celebrations is an annual event held in Singapore as part of its National Day celebrations. The event costs over S$1 million, and features 130 varieties of fireworks over two days (fri & sat). The fireworks on friday was from Spain and saturday was from China. The amount of fireworks used has grown in magnitude over the past three years, from 4,000 rounds used in 2004 to over 9,000 in 2006.



Spectators were treated to the magnificent panoramic view of the fireworks displays with Singapore’s signature city skyline behind.



I'm already looking forward to the next fireworks celebration.





Note: Photos courtesy of my bro who took it from One Fullerton on friday.

Labels: