My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, August 19, 2007

My New Favourite Chill-Out Place

If you are looking for somewhere to chill out, head to my new favourite place and that's Dempsey Hill. It's formerly known as the British army barracks and the old CMPB national service enlistment centre, where charming conservation buildings still stand proudly.



I took a drive there this evening after dinner to check out the place and fell in love with it straight-away. I love this place because the ambience is really nice and feel as if i'm overseas. It's so close to nature but yet just minutes away from Holland Village & Orchard Road. It's also a great place to be at somewhere different from the hustle and bustle of daily life.

But out of the many outlets, i think Dome, Culina as well as Ben & Jerry's will suit my budget more. The only drawback, well ... it's more accessible by car. Anyway, if you are keen to check it out, call me along ok. I think you'll love the place.

By the way, there's an anglican church which i like very much just down the road (Minden Road). It's called St. George's Church which used to cater to the spiritual needs of solders at Tanglin Barracks. During World War II, it was used as an ammunition dump. When the British troops completed their withdrawal from Singapore in 1971, St. George's began a new phase in her existence--as a civilian church. At least for me, it looks like a perfect venue to hold an intimate outdoor church wedding or baby christening in Singapore.



And of course, there's also PS Cafe which i've always wanted to go to but have not been because of a very practical reason and that's cost. I'll check it out someday .. but don't know when. For those who are keen, do note that reservations is needed and they are at 28b harding road.



Dempsey Hill ... well, it's paradise found!

(www.dempseyhill.com)

Labels: