My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Friday, December 28, 2007

12 Day Old Junoir

This is Junior @ 12 days old. Had some 'Baby' talk with my cousin yesterday and it seems that she's still trying to cope with her new role as a mother. All babies look pretty alike when they are new-borns. My cousin was telling me that she can't figure out which is her son if he's put in the nursery room right now. And she can't tell if Junior has put on weight. Certainly, i can feel it when i carried him.



And this is the first time i see my bro carrying a baby. He feels super stress and didn't dare to move. This is when i realised that my uncle has not carried his grandson yet. He keeps giving all kinds of excuses. I guess he feels that Junior is too fragile for him.




Interestingly, i saw the confinement auntie changing the poop of Junior last week (when he was six days old). I was surprised by the colour of the newborn stools. It was Sticky Green-Black in colour. I asked my friend Sharon and she told me that baby's first bowel movements will consist of meconium, which is a sticky green-black substance present in the intestine before birth.

For two to six days after birth, stools will be a mixture of meconium and milk bi-products, spinach-green, or yellow in color. Later, the baby will have yellow, green, or brown stools, formed or unformed. Ok! I learnt something new!

Labels: