My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas: My Favourite Time of The Year!

This Christmas is very different for me. It was a quiet affair as compared to last year. Last Christmas, i celebrated it in a big fashion on christmas eve. My éx-unit' organised a party and everyone came over to my place. We had a BIG Bash.

This Christmas, attended a Christmas Play with mom, bro and auntie gay at St. Andrew's Cathedral on 21 Dec. My cousin Weijun was one of the main cast in the play entitled "Silence The Night", performed by the Lync Youth Ministry. I am surprised that my dear cousin could act so well.









This is the first time i saw the 'very talented' side of her which i never knew. That's because whenever we have family gatherings, she's always very quiet. Can't fault her for that because there isn't anyone who's in the same age group as her.

Attended church service on saturday with Mabel & MJ @ the rock auditorium.



I didn't enjoy the musical but i love the 'flip chart presentation'. It's a very powerful testimony and demonstration as to how the Lord has transformed individuals. It was handwritten and a personal statement and conviction based on individual's experience. Behind each board was a transformed life. I could relate with it and felt very touched. I believe many share the same sentiments.



Went down to suntec again on sun to join my ex-cg for lunch. It feels kind of weird for me not attending service on sunday. There were more familiar faces on sun as compared to the service on sat. The first person i met outside the auditorium was Sharon Tay, my ex-school-mate. She was trying to make her son sleep. We chatted a little. I turned around and saw Lynette & Baby Zach. I carried Baby Zach and yeap, he has indeed put on some weight. Next, i bump into Karen, Yean Shien plus many more.

It was really nice to see everyone. I miss the cute babies so much. Zoe has grown taller, Sean is becoming more and more handsome and has grown bigger, Charlotte is getting cuter and cuter each day (very jap/korean looking) and Jadyn is such a smily baby.

Christmas eve was a simple affair. Went over to Benny & Peggy's place for a turkey and ham dinner. On Christmas Day, i woke up early to attend the 9.30am service @ City Harvest. It was meaningful for me as it's the first time attending a Christmas Service on Christmas Day. I am glad that i was in church rather than in bed. I enjoyed the Changs production very much. And in the afternoon, i had a good time catching up with the gals @ Sharon's new place. It was also the first time seeing Eve in her pregnant state. But she really doesn't look pregnant even though it's just two more months before she's due. She looks as if she could still go clubbing.
And of course, all the aunties had a great time playing with Baby Damien. Time flies. He's almost 4 months old.



















I guess most had a great time this Christmas. But really, what does Christmas means to you? Just today, i chanced upon this booklet which Jo helped the christmas party committee produced last year. In it were some of the thoughts penned down by some friends. It's very meaningful and heartfelt. Here are some:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is a time to reflect on God's mercy, grace and love in the form of Jesus, especially seen in the light of the year's events, and humble the heart in thanksgving to God" - evelyn tang

"It is a giving and jouyful season as Christ has saved us" - chayanid

"A birthday celebration is incomplete and meaningless without the birthday person's presence. Christmas gifts and parties without the person's (Jesus Christ) presence is thus likewise" - cheryl quek

"It's more than just silver bells and mistletoe. It's a time to celebrate the Savior's birth, amid good food and wine, and together with people who mean the world to me" - karen lee

"The birth of Christ is the beginning of a miracle; reminds me that 'We are the reason' why there is even a Christmas!' - lynette sim

"It's when family becomes friends and friends become family" - alvin poon

"It's spending time with family and close friends to celebrate Christ's birth together. Birthdays are always spent with people close to you and Christ's birthday is no exception" - bellina yu

"It's getting together with loved ones and a day to remember and be thankful for what Christians are and have in Christ" - mabel tan

"It's the celebration of the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ, ans spreading good tidings and blessing those less priviledged" - jimmy loo

"Time to feast on friendship and laughter. Time to indulge, on one of its kind festive mood. Time to ponder, on the past year and the one ahead" - soo guan

"A season for giving (and receiving) and a reminder of the start of my journey in the Hope family" - galvin lim

"It's a celebration of life; a gift of eternity which God has bestowed on us. It marks the compassion and love of God; His ultimate sacrifice of sending his son down to earth - born as a normal man and finally dying on the cross for the sins of the world" - alan sim

Labels: