My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Friday, May 16, 2008

A short and simple story on about family peity.



This reminds me of my two grandmas. Last sunday was Mother's Day. I asked mom last friday,"Hey Mom, so what are u going to do for your mother on Mother's Day?
For me, it has never been quite a tradition to celebrate Mother's Day. First of all, mom's birthday falls on 1 May. So all the celebrations took place on this day. I threw a surprise BBQ birthday party for her on her birthday plus a nice gift. She was really touched when all her sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews etc turned up, including her own mom. And secondly, everyday can and should be Mother's Day. But well, to make her happy on Mother's Day, i gave her a little present with her name on it. Nothing expensive but it's the thoughts that counts.

Anyway, Mom kept quiet for awhile before telling me this: "Hmm .. maybe we should bring your grandma out for dinner. And dad later added. We should bring the two grandmas out since they will be playing majong together at a relatives place in the afternoon.

It was later when mom tried to make arrangements with the two grandma that we found out that one grandma (Dad's mom) was already booked by my auntie and family. Only mom's mommy is available. And that's because my uncle and two aunties celebrated for her one day in advance.

And so, it was a date with Grandma on Mother's Day. And the funniest thing is that while we were deciding where to go for dinner since most of the places must be really crowded, it was Po Po that intro us to this lovely eatery @ Tan Que Lan Street. The food is really good. It was the same eatery which my auntie and uncle brought her to on sat.

Indeed, time spend with them is more precious and meaningful than $ or gifts. And yes, i would be spending this weekend with afew friends plus two of my lovely grandmas and family. While i wish i was away on holiday like afew of my friends, well ... at least, i think i will have a good holiday in town too. I hope!

Labels: