My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, November 06, 2006

Family Gathering

Had a family gathering today with cousins and relatives from my mom's side. Almost everyone was there except my brother and a uncle. Been a long time since 'attendance' was almost full. When i asked my mom what occassion was it, she told me that it's the 'dowry' day of my cousin who is getting married on Nov 19. OIC.

So, that will be the date when everyone meets again. Anyway, one of my cousin and me were really bored as we were early. So we decided to take a walk around the area. OK ... it was kind of a tour around Frankel/Siglap as we dicovered that there's a famous keuh-lapis shop just five mins away from our cousin's place and also, several of the homes were featured in magazines before. It was nice looking at the various design of houses and now i know .. it's just a 10mins walk to Siglap area where cold-storage, Cafe Cartell etc is.

Wish i could have more time on hand to take nice walks, be it at their place or my place.

As for the wedding, my cousin and my 'cousin-in-law' are both teachers (from different schools). So most of the guests are teachers. Interesting!