My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Thoughts, My Feelings

What a way to start Monday having given the task to be the 'bad person'.Now i understand how my ex-boss use to feel whenever he complains that he has no choice but to be the bad person. Well! U get paid but is the one to break bad news which people is going to hate u for it. And the one that decides on such is always out of the picture. What to do? I'm not the boss.I'm just a worker.

It's really frustrating when you ask HR aka one of my directors on some benefits for my interns. She agreed and two weeks later when she is less busy, she checked with their school and their teacher told her that we are not obliged to extend certain benefits to them. OK ... so in a way, she is taking back her words and has asked me to be the one to inform them. My gosh .. the interns is going to hate me for that coz. it involves $$.

Can u believe it. She even wants to deduct $$ from their pay since they took MC. Well, she should have told them about it intially and not now. Thankfully, i manage to persuade her to extend the MC benefit to them. But well, i will still need to find a suitable time to talk to them. Anyway, i guess 'playing the bad role' now comes within my job scope. I'll just need to be more tactful and get use to it. Sigh!

Anyway, just got news today that one of the CE who is always in the limelight is down with lung cancer. Not sure how serious it is though. But it sure reminds me that health is really important and yes, i better get back to my exercise regime which i've stopped for a long time. It's time to get back to action. In a way, i miss the good old days of going exercise @ the gym 3 times a week.I miss 'Fitness First'.

Am also a little irritated with myself. I told myself that i will give 100% to God. But on sunday, i find myself giving only 50%. Hey, i told myself before i left the house that it's suppose to be 100%. So what happened to the other 50%. The missing 50% simply left me with little peace. And i know that it's not rite. I repent! Peace ... it's something within me that tells me what's rite and what's wrong. I can run away from many things but not peace. But well, it is also something which has put me in the right path and directions many times. Thank God! And yes, i do repent.