My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

1.1.2008

My birthday has just come and gone. This is the first year which i did not celebrate with any of the church friends. For the past years, it was always celebrated at the stroke of midnight on new year's eve with them. What made it special was that the group would celebrate Cecilia's birthday together with me as her birthday falls on the 31st Dec.

This year, my family celebrated it for me at the stroke of midnite during our annual family party bash. I also had lunch with my pre-u friends. Although it was nice to be with my family, somehow i wish i was with my friends.

But well, it was incredible. I received many smses, emails, msn throughout the day from all the people that means the world to me. Thanks so much. I won't mention names here coz. there are simply too many people but you know who u are. What can i say but i feel so blessed. What a way to start the year.

What's amazing too were the little surprises that came along the way. Received an unexpected gift from my new cousin-in-law which i thought was a really nice gesture. Well-wishes from my good friend Karen in Melbourne and not forgetting greetings from
ex-housemate Chris, all the way from Hong Kong too. I'm surprised that she remembered my birthday coz. we have not been in touch for several years.

In the words of my colleague & friend, Ginny .. yes indeed, not everyone gets to receive double wishes on the same day. I am indeed lucky. Thanks once again. U guys means alot to me. HAPPY NEW YEAR by the way and to many more good years together!

Labels: