My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, June 18, 2006

My Tiring Week

This has been a tiring week and i am finally glad that i can rest a little today. After church camp, i was actually looking forward to catching up with some sleep. Unfotunatedly, mom called me on tue while in the office informing me that my relative (grandpa's brother-in-law/ dad's uncle) passed away. He was 91yrs.

So there i was, back at Mandai Crematorium yesterday morning again. Yes, "Again" coz. i was just there barely 2 months back when granduncle passed away. In fact when i was at the wake on friday nite, Auntie Gay reminded me that 3 of our family members passed away this year. Three??? I forgot about my grandma in china (grandpa's first wife). I remembered when relatives from China called, the whole cg was actually at my place. Oh ... i remember, it was CNY period.

Anyway, Auntie Cindy gave a very touching speech at the service hall. It was filled with emotions but at the same time, she also shared abt how her dad came to accept Christ at his death-bed. God! I am so thankful for the goodness which you have shown in my "extended family". A total of 3 who came to know the Lord. Auntie Cindy's father, Uncle Henry & Auntie Wah.

She shared of how her dad exemplified alot of christian & biblical principles in his life which is shown through his massive contribution to the society, esp. in terms of education. Which clearly explains why it wasn't too difficult for him to truly accept the Lord Jesus Christ into his life during his last moments. I truly pray & hope that her sharing will bring upon reflection for the non-believers, esp. my parents & brother.

For every farewell, there is definedly alot of heartaches & tears. Esp. so when we were at the viewing hall. But knowing that 'uncle' is home with the Lord brings about much condolenses too. Everyone was crying soo badly, esp. Auntie Cindy & Jane. It certainly reminds me once again of my purpose in life, purpose of God bringing me back to Singapore and that is to bring my family to Christ.

Please God please .... i don't want to be put in the same situation again where i panick when my love ones is in their last stage and about to go anytime. Panick when they are unconscious, panick when i don't know how to share or pray in mandarin or hainanese. Panick that they did not accept the Lord Jesus Christ in their life. So just reveal to me on what i should do.

This morning during service, i asked God to help me in this aspect. But i heard this or did i ask myself: "You asked the Lord. But have u begged the Lord??" Hmmm .... maybe i did. Maybe i didn't.

Very interestingly, Cheryl Q told me that she dreamt of me just 2 days ago. In the dream, both of us seems to be in a journey ... driving to somewhere. She couldn't continue afer awhile coz. she seems to be having a spiritual attack and i prayed for her. Hmm ... wonder what does it mean??

Like what Alvin & Cheryl (Ng) always say, pray and ask the Lord for interpretation.

Oh ... during the wake on thursday nite, it was my very first term hearing from a hainanese pastor ... sharing in hainanese, praying in hainanese & wow .. singing amazing grace in hainanese. But of course, none of us could really follow.

Tuesday
HJ, our choir master was away in Germany and thus, while the teacher is away, the students are away too. Instead of the usual choir practice, the whole bunch of us including some WAM people like Gerald, Geoffrey etc. went for karaoke. It was really fun but too bad it wasn't friday although some of them stayed till mid-nite. I left at 11.3opm. Could have stayed till the end if it's not a working day the next day.