My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Being Thankful

Just came back from dinner @ No Signboard Restaurant in Geylang with friends from cg. There were suppose to be more people joining us for dinner but they couldn't make it. I suppose most wanted to go home to rest early coz. we need to be at Sengkang CC tomorrow for the Family Ties event at 7am. Attended the tertiary service this evening. In a way, it's kind of strange seeing Jasmine instead of Pastor Ben, Pastor Jeff or Pastor Lawrence preaching. But well, Jasmine preaches quite dynamically, in her usual self.

I was at Bugis this afternoon. As i got out of the train station, i was quite puzzled as to why there was a crowd of people standing behind the railing. Were they looking at some buskers performing? Selling things? I got curious coz. there seems to be some commotion going on. At first i thought someone was injured. I stopped for afew seconds before realising that there was a bad quarrel between an old lady and a middle-age woman. Could be daughter and mother. The old lady was crying so badly and i guess most of the passer-bys were trying to figure out what happened.

Most of us were not in a position to judge as to who was right or wrong? Was it the old lady or middle-age woman. The middle-age woman was angry or rather, trying to find some solution to 'ask the old lady to stop her nonsence'. She tried to tell the old-lady to stop if not, she's leaving.

In my heart, of course, i asked if i should help but i knew it wouldn't help in anyway. It was something which the both of them has to settle. I saw a young guy with a guitar who stopped for awhile and tried to help the old lady. But the middle-age lady walked towards them and ask the guy to leave the old-lady alone so that she could cool down. Surprise! The middle-age woman spoke in english pretty well.

It left me with many thoughts. Not a scene which i would normally encounter. The first is that i will never ever want it to happen between my mom and me. That's a no no. No matter what happens. Of course, throughts came by as i try to figure out what happened? Was the middle-age lady trying to send the old-lady to old-folks home? I think not but it did make me worried. Nope, there is no way it's going to happen to my grandma's or mom.

It also reminded me of how fortunate i am. While things may not be perfect, i have my family and friends who care for me. There is no major family problems.

Had a good session doing support singing for Alvin at sub-d meeting. When he msg me on wed, a sudden thought came by. What took me so long? I could have done it many years back. Maybe i wasn't prepared then. Maybe i'm a late bloomer for certain things. But well, better late than never.God sees the heart and gave me opportunities. Anyway, i was glad to be given the chance to serve (in that manner). It's just so great and wonderful being able to serve the Lord. Thanks for all the good comments but personally, i know it could have been better. That's because my throat wasn't feeling good that day. And also, i was trying to remember how to sing the first verse of 'Oceans Will Part' which was a new song.

I am thankful to God for answering my prayer over a trival thing this week. It was just so amazing. I was desperatly trying to search for 'it' and 1 or 2 days later, i found my answer in a most surprising manner.