My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

John Ortberg - Slowing Down & Celebrating

I wish i could slow down my life these few weeks. I have been simply overworked, overloaded and yes, extremly stressed @ work.

For these few weeks, it has been totally terrible. The endless phone calls, emails, discussions, meetings. I just felt that i couldn't cope. There's still that terrible 200 emails to clear. I just felt that i'm racing against time trying to complete the endless chores. After writing this blog, i'll still need to stay up to prepare a powerpoint presentation for tomorrow's briefing. Consolation? Well .... one of my counterparts who's working on the same event told me that we are pretty much in the same shoes. If the both of us call it quits now,everyone will be in a total loss. Well .. maybe not the best consolation after all.

Coincidentally, the second part of the John Ortberg series which the cg did today is on "Slowing Down and Celebrating". I know that there's many people out there who's just like me. Having the typical lifestyle of being so rushed and pre-occupied. It's totally unhealthy. Reminds me right now of Susan who's in Sydney. Enjoying everybit of her life right now coz. it's slower pace & more enriching.

There have been simply too many times where i hurry and rush. In fact, it's everyday. It's a big rush for me in the morning. And i know i had gastric last nite during practice coz. i skipped meals. I really need to change my eatting habits this year. Well .... i just need to enjoy life and not let it skim through.