My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reflections

Goodbye 2006. Hello 2007!

2006 has been a year of ups and downs in my life. It saw the passing of several people, one of them whom is my beloved grand-uncle. I attended several wakes & funerals which reminded me of the realities of life. It is also a year where hospital visits seems to be the norm, for the good and bad.

While there are those who passed on, there is joy of life as well. There are several friends who just gave birth, some going to, some planning to get married or just got married.

The beginning of the year was terribly tough due to major changes @ work. However, it was also these moments where i found myself really stretched, pushed myself to a new level as responsibilities doubled or tripled, and dealt with alot more things which in the past, i didn't need to. In a way, i don't know how but i guess i managed to struggle through.

It was a time when i felt that the workplace which i am familiar to sudddenly became foreign. I felt alone, without the support and team-spirit which i used to have. But i am glad that God sustained and i found the peace & strength in him. It was a time where i relied on God so much more, and learnt to hear from him for directions.

It has been a year where i had many 'interesting' dreams and some came to pass. I wonder if it's my gifting. Or it actually is. I just need to know how to interpret it correctly. Ha ha!

I went to taipei, jakarta, bangkok, davao, manila and of course, the unforgettable trip to melaka this year. Had lots of fun and look forward to going to places that are further, maybe holland/europe next year to visit john, pat, kim & steph? or perhaps to sydney and melbourne to visit susan, karen & steven. Ok ... for a start, am going M'sia on 1 Jan.

Ministry wise, besides the usual Hope Vision which i am involved, i joined choir, something which i enjoyed & have a passion in. Like what i told some of them, my only regret is that i should have joined them a long time ago. But well, better late than never. I made many new friends too. Many of them who has brought extra cheer and joy in my life. How could i forget the usual bunch rite? U guys know who u are and you have been simply fabulous. Thanks for your continuos love, care, support and encouragement all these years. For those from HOPE, thanks for all your important prayers which are simply priceless and the best gift for me.

Uncle Henry & Auntie Wah went for their baptism this year. The same goes for Mabel. It was a prayer, a dream and a hope that came true. My dear friend, i bet you never knew how hard & how long i have been praying for u. I thank God and look forward to opportunties for the others in my family to follow suit. It is my life-long dream and desire which no-matter how tough the journey is, i will hang on to the day it happens.

Lastly, it is this year that i started blogging too. When i was young, i love writing diaries which i still have it with me today. But this time, it's only through a more high-tech way which people referred to as 'on-line diary'. Great for me.

There will be loads of changes next year and i just hope and ask that it will be a better year.

To all my friends:

May you always enjoy the love of family & friends
May you be blessed with health & happiness
May you continue to enjoy new experiences with God
And may your walk with the Lord be closer than ever
Thanking God for you and asking him to bless you abundantly in the coming year


Have a blessed year and Happy New Year!