My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Uncle Roy

It was a long day yesterday. I was dead tired by the time i reached home at midnite only to hear the news from bro that uncle roy met with an accident. The front of the car was totally smashed as he hit either the truck or tractor @ tuas. The impact must be quite big coz. the 2 air-bags actually came on. Understand that he called auntie rebecca that he had an accident and was rushed to A & E. Heard from mom this morning and my grandma & auntie wee were crying badly while they were on the way to see him Mom said Auntie Gemma cried too. Dad added that mom probably cried too.

Well, he was too tired and dosed off for a second. Now, there is even more reasons for him to give up the business even though it is a major loss. We have all advised him to do that a long time already. This reminds me of what my colleague, May told me sometime back. That she rather have the family earn less but everyone happy and contended. The same goes for uncle roy. We want our uncle back. My auntie wants the husband back. My grandma wants the son back. My mom & aunties want their brother back.

He's been a 'slave' to his boss & partner for such a long time. No rest at all. He is made to live and breath work. He even stays @ his workplace at times and had to work even on public holidays. Can't believe the boss comments when auntie rebecca called to inform him about the accident. It's just unbelievable.

But my heart is really filled with thankfulness to God that he covered Uncle Roy with his protection and not take his life away. I ask dear lord so much that whatever sacrifice he wants me to make, i ask that God speaks to him within his heart that life is not all abt work and money. I pray that whatever opportunity arise, God will give me the confidence to share abt the goodness and realness of God to him. This is my most precious and priceless gift to him. God's gift to him too.

Sometimes, i can't help but marvel at how amazing God is. So manytimes when i feel uneasy, it's bec. something had happened. I was @ pratice yesterday in Kallang Theatre. Halfway through, i felt heavy-hearted. Just couldn't joke or laugh much. Only later when i reached home did i realise why.

Tonite and the next few nites would be singing alot of praise & worship songs. This gives me a greater reason to dedicate the time to God and thank God for keeping Uncle Roy alive. Will not have the time to visit him these 2 days bec. of performance. Hope to see him on christmas day during family dinner.