My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Birthday

First and foremost, i want to thank all my friends for the birthday well-wishes. Wow ... i think i've broken my own record. Never received so many sms well-wishes before. Some called, some emailed and yeap, i still had people saying Happy Birthday to me today. Thanks for remembering my birthday.

This year's birthday is celebrated quite differently. We had a combined birthday celebration for Alvin who's birthday is on 30 Dec, Cecilia's on 31st Dec and mine on 1 Jan. It's just so amazing. What's more amazing is that we are from the same cg. I guess it was meant to be.

Birthday Lunch celebration on New Year's Eve @ Hog's Breath Cafe in Chijmes. Have not been to Chijmes for quite afew years already. Can't even remember when was the last time.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When i arrived at the restaurant, i was surprised to see my dear friend and shepherd, Cheryl N & Jan there. Didn't know that they were joining us. Can't believe myself .... was actually looking for her after service.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Since some of them have not arrived, i carried Baby Zoe for the first time. Well ... i've always wanted to carry her but unfortunatedly, she's always sleeping . Hmm .. bad timing. But this time, she was wide awake and kept smiling. I am in luck - she is in good mood. Shortly after, Baby Jadyn came to join her. Guess who's elder?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



That's Zoe on the left & Jadyn on the right.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



They will have more fun and company when Baby Charlotte and Baby Sean arrives. Just hang on - it will be very soon. Hmmm .... seems to be the birth of a 'baby caregp' amongst our midst. So Jed's the CL, Edna, Zoe & Jadyn as core team and Charlotte & Sean as members?



As usual, 'Jed the photographer' is busy taking pictures. His photo-taking skills is actually quite good. I am more convinced that he would be a good photographer when he grows up.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And this is infact the first time i'm taking picture together with the 2 lovely Cheryl's.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And here's Cecilia posing with Gal with her presents.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And Cecilia asked me to open the present which she gave me.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Look what i've got. Nice necklace ... Nic said i could wear it to Gal & Cecilia's wedding. Ha ha!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Cheryl Q asked me to open the present which she gave next. Wow ... u guys really pamper me. This is really pretty. It's a heart shape Swarovski pendant/necklace.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



We've not forgotton about the B'day Guy. It's Alvin's turn.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Now that we've opened the presents, it's time for the cake. We've got the 30 Dec, 31 Dec & 1 Jan baby here.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The cg gave us a surprise too. They produced' a clip for us. Very impressive . Like what Lisan said, the 'Best Screenplay' goes to Smiley BB. Really appreciate the effort. Thanks everyone for the encouragement too. Yes Sean, i'll see u in 4 mths time. Love: Auntie Wendy



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And not forgetting the most precious prayers from everyone. This year is quite strange. As if the 'theme' and 'direction' is about the desires of my heart. I didn't tell anyone about this but everywhere i go, people were all praying abt me in this aspect. And yes i was. So is that like a confirmation, affirmation, sign?



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



After a hearty meal, went home to prepare food for the family get-together cum new year's eve countdown @ Darren & Lynn's Place. Mom was the organiser but unfortunatedly, she was sick and couldn't attend. I made pasta salad & chocolate foundue. Here's Victor helping me with the preparation.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The complete fruit platter with chocolate foundue. My cousins love it and were all crowding round the table. My grandma was curious and wondering what 'ang-mo' dish was that.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



And at the stroke of mid-nite, my family celebrated my birthday. I am truly blessed. The next day, went to JB and had a relaxing time with old friends.