My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Church 16th Anniversary Celebrations



When i was first told that Church Anniversary was on 15 Sep, i was really in a dilemma. That's because it clashes with the date of an event which i was heading. My event falls on 14 - 16 Sep. I wanted very much to be involved in the anniversary. But on the otherhand, there was my project. It's a major event and it would be really difficult to excuse myself from it.

I told myself ... pray and leave it to God. I continued with my weekly choir practice for the anniversary with peace within, knowing that God will take care of it. But i have to admit that along the way, i was trying to plan and juggle my schedule.

I remember having a meeting with Singapore Expo afew months back and they mentioned that there were enquries from church with regards to rental of venue. My heart sank when they mentioned the date to me. The next thing i knew, i started to plan. Hmm ... maybe it's not too bad after all. Since my event is at Expo and if anniversary was held there, it's just afew halls away and well, i could easily excuse myself for a couple of hours and get back to work thereafter.

However, my plans were dashed when someone mentioned to me that it'll be held at Downtown East instead. But i have to admit that it was good choice. It has a relax and party, celebrative kind of atmosphere.

Thankfully, 6 days before my event and church anniversary, the staff roster which i did was approved without any comments or amendments. For the first time, i could excuse myself from my own project for one full day and was able to leave early on friday to attend rehersal. I guess it helps when my superior is understanding and she's a christian. To cover my duties, she worked throughout the whole event.

I had a wonderful time serving as stage ministers and we all had a wild time partying, esp. during the second service. It was simply explosive. I must say that the Thai worship team did a terrific job in bringing the whole atmosphere to a higher level. The praise and worship was really good with the audience asking for more. Quite unbelievable. I thought that this only happens during a pop concert. Well, i was wrong. Like what Pastor Jeff says, we party, Jesus style. cOoL!

I truly believe that when we come before God, we should give him our total best and nothing less. This includes praising and worshipping God. The finale during the second service has shown me that we could do it. And yes, i have to say that i'm proud to be a part of this great family. And i'm glad i could serve during this special occassion too. There is no where else that i wanted to be during that day. It was a special moment. I was glad that i was at the anniversary celebrations and not at work.

Labels: