My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Down Under - Karen & Steven

It's been awhile since i last spoke or msg Karen. Oh no ... i better do it sometime this week. Time passes by so quickly. I better speak to her before she calls from Melbourne to tell me that she's given birth.

Happy for both Karen & Steven that it will be a baby boy. But still ... i can't believe that she's a mother of 2 ( or 3 this Aug). And everytime she calls, she'll ask me what's happening to me & telling me that life doesn't just surround work and church. Opps! OK .. i hear u.

Of course there are times where i wish i had my own kids already. This means that we would have fulfilled our promise of hanging out together with our kids, strolling or taking walks in the beautiful parks in Down Under while the guys enjoy a game of tennis together. Hmm ... when is that going to happen? I don't know? I miss Melbourne. My bro is going back there on 12 July for a holiday & visit his galfriend. Wish i could go as well.

Anyway, she is one person who can never tell me what her email address is all these years coz. she say she doesn't have the time to email. Whatmore MSN or Blog? I use to nag at her to try to email so that we can keep in touch or at least, we can email eachother photos. Who is on snail mail nowadays.

Well! She's excused coz. she'll tell me that she is always on the rush. Got to wake up early to send Kallista & Jolene to school, rush to work, and thereafter, rush to pick the kids up. And she'll tell me that we are spending too much time with all the emails. If there's anything, just call or sms. OK ... at least she's improving .. she don't email but she sms me. Good enough! Ha ha!

But still, somehow, i can't quite imagine any of my friends not on email. At least, that makes her special (in that sense). But of course, it's still good to snail-mail once awhile. I use to do that alot during my student days. And i still have one big box of letters and postcards which i receive from the few close friends while everyone was at different places. Me in SIN & karen in Australia. And after that, it was me in AUS, Fish in Toronto & Kaiyan in Manchester.