My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Saturday, November 25, 2006

My Cousin's Wedding

This week passed well really fast. Didn't have the time for much, including checking my personal emails, catching up with friends, or even reading the papers or magazines. It suddenly becomes a luxury. It has just been work and nothing else. Pathetic me! Suddenly, social life seems to have diminished. Didn't have much time even for myself which is really bad. How i missed having time to just call up friends to chat or simply, spend time with them.

But on wednesday, i was glad to be able to meet up with a friend & her baby for a late dinner. She has just returned from their month-long trip & it was great to spend some time together.

Sunday & Monday - it was my cousin, JW's wedding. The first grandchild who got married from my mom's side. Obviously, everyone was quite excited.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was great to spend time with my extended family (mom's side) and cousins. Sunday was her customary wedding while monday was the dinner. JW had her solemnisation @ her new home.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was also 'the day' that for the very first time, all the cousins got together and took photos. Everyone was there except Yen who's outstation in the states for a month. Can't believe it, everytime there's no food on the table, we would be taking photos.

Cousins taking photos together with cousins (minus the bride)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cousins posing with Auntie Gemma. My brother was really funny. He was wondering where he was in the picture. The photographer apparently cut him out from the picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This picture is like taking class photo & the photographer made us pose in different manner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was also at her wedding that i bump into a friend, my classmate actually. Have not seen YL for 12 years since we left school and now, it turns out that she's my cousin's colleague and good friend. I know her by the name YL while my cousin knows her by the name of Clarissa (the one who's wearing black).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyway, YL was her mandarin emcee for the nite. Wow ... didn't know that her mandarin is quite good. Oh well ... it's been a good 12 years since we last met. Who knows ... she could be a chinese teacher too since they are all teachers. But hmm ... didn't remember her chinese being so power during school days.

The groom read this out to the bride outside the house. While i applaud him for the good effort, i thought he was reading it more like a script. Ha ha! Didn't realise that he had so many photographers till i see this photo. Thus, collectively, there must be thousands of photos taken.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the groom's 'script'. His friends apparently made him put on lipstick at the gate, kissed it on the paper before reading it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are some of the 'works' of Shen, one of my cousin's creation. He's a designer and i've always loved his work. He's put in alot of effort with Joyce to put up the final touches. He's the one that edited their clip for the nite too. I wonder where he found the time to do it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are the photos which means alot to me coz. .....

It's the first time my bro & me took a 'proper' picture with my grandma (mom's mom)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first time taking a 'solo pix' with Auntie Gemma

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and with Auntie Violet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and maybe this ... it's been such a long time since i took a family picture

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and wow ... it must be a long time since my grandma took photos with all her daughters.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and hardly do the sisters take photos together. here's auntie yee, auntie gemma & mom (auntie violet is missing from the picture).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wedding Favours

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting