My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Monday, November 13, 2006

Taxi Protocol

I was waiting for a cab together with my bro. just now @ the taxi-stand and it was interesting to hear the guy next to me explaning to a tourist on her question regarding 'taxi-protocol' in Singapore.

During the wait, many cabs wasn't picking up passengers. Infact, most were on-call or changing shift. Thus, the guy was teaching the lady how to distinguish which are the ones that are on-call, on-hire or why it seems that some passengers were 'jumping queue'.

In the end, the lady said ... oh ... but it seems alittle complicated.

But i know that many of the tourists gets really upset because they think that Singaporeans are really rude and always jump queue. But well, that's just a misunderstanding. They didn't know that the taxi-driver is going off somewhere and since the first person in line is not going to the same destination, priority goes to the next in line.

It's interesting to hear from tourists perspective at times.