My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Songs & Notes

Went for my regular choir practice last nite but was rather disappointed with myself. In fact, i was already feeling disappointed during last week's vocal class. I didn't have the stamina to sing high notes. Couldn't sing a proper sentence without stealing breath in between. Was it because i had missed lessons twice? Lost the momentum? Didn't spend time practicing? Wasn't putting in effort? Couldn't concentrate or what? It's just irritating. OK ... in a way, i felt a little injustice to the teachers and the songs.

All my music teachers will tell us that if u want to sing, sing properly. Very sadly, i couldn't do it. I felt as if i couldn't even 'face' myself with such standards. For a moment, it seems that i had forgotton all the skills which i was taught overnite and a sense of worry did overcome me. I guess i wasn't feeling too well and was about to fall sick anytime.

True enough, woke up with a slight headache and sore-throat this morning. Was down with fever by the time i reach office but was glad that i felt better after 'self-medication' (herbal tea, panadol & strepsils).

By evening, was well enough to go for cg. Jeff & Doris brought their 1 mth old baby gal, Jaydn to cg and it was great to have baby around. Can u believe it, just last month, baby was still in Doris's tummy and now she is out attending her very first cg session. Time flies!

Lesson learnt: Have sufficient sleep, drink lots of water, take care of your vocals & put aside time to practice. So that's what happens when i did none of these for the past weeks. And i know what's the culprit - must be the mangos & Pili Nuts which i brought back from the Philipines & Durian Chips from Bangkok that got me in trouble. My gosh!