My Blog, My Thoughts, My Reflections

WeNdY tAn

Friday, November 10, 2006

Stresses of Life

I am feeling really stressed & frustrated lately. So much deadline to meet and working with not-so-easy working partners. After all, everyone who has worked with them knows that they always have a hard time working with them and simply drives u up the wall.

One thing for sure, i know that i will never be happy being a supplier. I would still prefer to be a client. J use to tell me that if possible, always be at the top of the chain. After being the client and did "client servicing" before, i truly understand this statement. Anyway, just hang on ... two more tough months and it'll be over. What i need now is really to rely on God's strength to pull me through this much hated and dreadful period.

Right now, it just seems that everyone is depending on me for feedback, suggestions, instructions & information. Even those that are more senior than me. There's those at the top, and those at the bottom. My gosh .. harlow .. i have only one pair of hands and the same amount of time as all.

Just cheesed me off that i had to miss class yesterday bec. of work. Anyway, arranged to meet up with Y & S for dinner. Told them that i just need to destress and no way am i staying in the office. And guess what happened? Just as i was about to leave office, my partner called to ask for some work to be done and get costings etc. How timely. So in the end, had to quickly get it done. And of course, i was late. Didn't help when u are all ready to relax and enjoy dinner and phone call came in to ask about work. Give me a break! I mean i am fine with calls after work and stuff. It's just that this person has been giving me a tough time today, asking things from me the whole day and always expecting me to give it to her by her stipulated time. Hey, she's not the only one who's busy and trying to cope.

Sometimes, i find it draining and the weight pilling on me. I can't complain to anyone in the office, not to anyone at home. Friends ... well, i know many are stress too. Haven't had the time to speak to some of them for awhile. So, it's just between God & me.

Well! Mom called me in the office this afternoon to tell me that dad fell down today as well. Seems that he hit against the car tyres and injured his head and his spectaculars broke too. He was in town, couldn't drive and called my bro to bring him to the doctor. Have not seen him yet coz. by the time i reach home just now, he was already asleep.

When i heard this, it reminded me of my fears. It was something which is always on my mind. My fears has always been my family members/ parents fall sick or ill and it'll just be my bro and me to handle it. And my prayers to God is that please, don't let me be the only one to handle such situation. Keep them safe and sound and healthy. I know this is life. There are ups and downs. But the downs ain't easy most of the times. It certainly ain't something i would look forward to. I know there are many friends who are going through tough times with their family members ill and it ain't easy dealing with it. What can i say but this is life! And yes, God .. please help!